The IBIS API is available for integrating online travel agents and FIT websites to operators using the IBIS system. Integration follows this process:
You must have consent from the businesses using IBIS you wish to integrate with. They will define the level of access provided to you with respect to API integration.
You must provide us with a document that defines the scope of your proposed solution, addressing the four main areas as follows:
- Enquiry for availability and committing of reservations
- Management of retail and gift voucher sales (if applicable)
- Settlement method
- Modification and cancellation of reservations
You must agree to our terms of engagement that outline the conditions for using the API, responsibility for troubleshooting, financial liability, API upgrade policy etc.
We proceed through the technical implementation:
- We will provide a test system for you to connect to during development of the API
- You will complete development as per your scoping document. We can provide assistance during this phase if required.
- Once you are satisfied that your implementation is complete, you will submit to us details of a series of test bookings that have been completed so that we can check the integrity of the bookings in our test system, including cancelled booking if implementing that functionality.
- We will then provide you with credentials for the live system(s) you wish to access.
- You will complete a series of bookings and transactions into the live system for signoff both by us and the operator(s) of the system.
- Live use can begin.