A vision to create a better way of managing tourism businesses. Today, many New Zealand tourism businesses big and small use IBIS to deliver great products to millions of visitors.
You can trace us back to 1998. We’ve come a long way since then and are embarking on an exciting new period for the company and product, which will revolutionise the way businesses interact with their customers and manage their tourism businesses. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!
Business Development Manager
IBIS Technology is searching for a results-driven Business Development Manager with a track record of meeting sales targets that will help IBIS expand its market presence in New Zealand, and potentially, Australasia. The right candidate will combine strategic thinking with tactical delivery and be comfortable communicating with executives at the highest levels of an organisation. You will provide the first impression and be the face of the company. You will also have the dedication, enterprise sales, and customer skills to create and apply an effective sale strategy that delivers successful long-term clients.
The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through effective sales activity, forging strong industry relationships, and developing yourself into a trusted advisor with existing clients.
This is a 30-40 hour per week, permanent position based largely in the IBIS office in Queenstown with occasional travel around New Zealand.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Develop a growth strategy that balances financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Employ a sales process and culture that other team members can align with
- Assist with product and pricing strategy
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer requirements
- Develop leads, and take them through to successful completion in a team selling environment
- Promote the company’s products/services with customers that have a match for IBIS’s unique market value
- Prepare sales proposals ensuring adherence to internal rules and guidelines
- Assist with reviewing and managing existing contracts
- Maintain CRM system to provide regular and accurate sales forecasting
- Communicate with integrity and a professional manner with executive-level contacts
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers
- Manage and grow strategic alliances across a range of partners
- Mentor existing and new staff on sales and account management skills
- 7-10 years’ experience in a business development, senior sales executive or similar role in a software/technology businesses
- Proven sales track record of achieving or exceeding company targets
- Bring extensive sales, business development, and software industry experience in advisory role with leadership team
- Experience building and leveraging partnerships and alliances
- Experience in customer support and management
- Proficiency in office and communication systems such as MS Office, MS Teams, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Proposable
- Proficiency in English, both written and verbal, to a very high level
- Market knowledge of tourism and software products
- Strong verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport at all levels of an organization
- Time management and planning skills
- B.Sc. / BA in business administration, sales or relevant field
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and your CV by 25th January.