We’ve brought tourism technology a long way. We started out with a big vision: a better way of managing tourism businesses. Today, many New Zealand tourism businesses big and small use IBIS to deliver great product to millions of visitors.
You can trace us back to 1998. We’ve come a long way since then and are embarking on an exciting new period for the company and product, which will revolutionize the way businesses interact with their customers and manage their tourism businesses. Does that pique your interest? Drop us a line!
The following vacancies are currently available:
IBIS Technology is seeking a Customer Advocate to join our Customer Support team based in Queenstown. This is a full time role that requires a long-term commitment – please only apply if you have NZ residency. The role is generally standard office hours Monday to Friday, although a willingness to be on call for 1 weekend in 5 is necessary.
IBIS is one of the leading tourism business management systems, used by more than 2,000 people to deliver fantastic customer experiences to millions of customers. We believe that customer support is more than just answering questions – we directly impact business goals through providing feedback to our product team and driving customer success. Our support team is one of the main reasons for our success and we want to be role models for our customers.
You’ll love this role if you get your kicks by helping others. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long-term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
Responsibilities and goals you’ll own:
- Respond to and resolve customer queries through phone, email and remote desktop quickly and effectively
- Educate and empower our customers to get the most out of IBIS for their business
- Be an expert on IBIS features and capabilities
- Improve IBIS through incorporating user feedback
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Assist in creating first-class Knowledgebase documentation
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing, personal customer support
- Upselling to existing customers and initial response to new sales enquiries
- Assist with system configuration for new and existing IBIS users
- Online or onsite training for customers
- Assist with testing IBIS updates
Who will love this job:
- You like making things easier for customers and colleagues – if there’s a roadblock, you want to smooth it away
- You are energised by interacting with and helping people – you know that everyone has trouble sometimes, and seek to empower and educate our customers
- You love reading and learning about new ways of doing things – there’s always a better way
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side
- You bring solutions to the table not just problems (but you aren’t afraid to point out where we’re going wrong)
- You’re comfortable with a little chaos and uncertainty – we move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information
Experience and requirements:
- IBIS software experience – this is top of the list for us
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- An understanding of the tourism industry and relationships within it
- Ability to solve problems logically and critically
- 2+ years in a customer service position – preferably in a tourism or technology role
- Willingness to show initiative and take ownership of projects or areas of responsibility
- A strong understanding and working knowledge of Windows/Microsoft systems
Please submit a one page cover letter in addition to your resume to email@example.com. The cover letter should show your personality, and help us learn why you want to contribute to the success of IBIS. What about this job attracts you? Applications close Friday 27th July 2018. Immediate start.